Women in Development of Northeastern New York is an association of women in the fields of development, advancement, and related professions. Our members are committed to helping women, both professional and volunteer, advance within the field through educational programs, networking, and mentoring opportunities
In an effort to provide professional development opportunities to women in the field of development who may otherwise not be able to avail themselves of the benefits of WID programming, WID offers two types of scholarships:
- Individual: Awarded to a woman who has been in the development field for 3 years or less and has demonstrated exceptional professional drive. (Past recipients of an individual WID scholarship are ineligible.)
- Organizational: Awarded to an organization that has a limited professional development budget due to limited resources. (Organizations that have received a WID scholarship within in the last 2 years are ineligible.)
Preference will be given to women who have never been members of WID.
Scholarship recipients receive an annual membership in WIDNENY plus one free admission to all WID sponsored programs, brown bag lunches & networking events during the scholarship year. Recipients are expected to attend all WID events. Recipients are also expected to give a testimonial on how their scholarship has impacted their career either in writing or in person to be shared at a WID program or promotional materials.
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Annual Meeting in June, 2018.
Please submit application forms no later than Monday, April 30, 2018.
*Applications, resumes and cover letters MUST be typed and sent in ONE pdf document.
Applications may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Mail: Scholarship Committee -WIDNENY, PO Box 5871, Albany, NY 12205
- Fax: (518) 426-1237 Attn: WIDNENY Scholarship Application
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: WIDNENY Scholarship Application
For more information, contact the Scholarship Committee Chair: Sharon M. Smith: 518-796-4106 or email@example.com